Sign in to follow this  

'03+ KX250 swingarm on '99-'02

'03 might work, but that would be the only year.

The PivotWorks swingarm kit covers 1999-2007, and the linkage rebuild kit covers 1999-2003. I believe the linkage bolt lengths are different, but you should be able to just swap the complete 2003 linkage over onto the older bike.

This is just a guess...I've researched this swap but haven't pulled the trigger and done it. I have a 2000 KX125.

RAD manufacturing makes hubs and wheels for the 1999-2002 KX's, so no need to swap the swingarm and linkage if you run RAD hubs. There are also Talon and Warp 9 wheels available for '99-'02's.

RAD hubs and wheels are sold by Faster USA.

http://www.fasterusa.com/

I was trying to go the budget route and see about running Tusk hubs as they have gotten stellar reviews and are cheap. Unfortunately, they are made for '03 + and the axle diameter grew 2mm after '02.  I noticed that there is some unwanted up and down play from my linkage. After breaking it down for inspection and service I saw the bearing hole for the lower shock mount in the linkage has  now worn itself into an oval shape allowing play. The needle bearings and spacer are fine and there was still plenty of grease in there from my last service so it wasn't due to neglect. I figured this was an opportune time to look into a swap and ditch my dented and flattened OEM wheels.