Sign in to follow this  

kx450f questions

I have a 2006 kx450f and when it gets hot it drips just a couple of drops of oil out of the crank case vent hose on the left side is this bad? And I put the recomended amount of oil in it so I don't believe it's over filled.

Nor familiar with Kawi's, but do they have a "T" hose setup that runs from the valve cover to the air breather box, with a hose hanging down?

Or does the hose come off of the crankcase or tranny case, and then hang out the bottom?

Nor familiar with Kawi's, but do they have a "T" hose setup that runs from the valve cover to the air breather box, with a hose hanging down?

Or does the hose come off of the crankcase or tranny case, and then hang out the bottom?

The hose comes straight out of the crank case on the left side and hams down

If that hose is transmission vent only, it may be that you have too much transmission case pressure.  One of the seals that separate the transmission case from the engine crankcase, may be letting engine crankcase pressure into the transmission case.  That could cause a pressure flow through the transmission vent hose which could carry some oil with it.  Then when you shut it down, there is a little residual dripping from the hose.

If your hose is for the engine crankcase only, or crankcase and transmission case together, you may have to much case pressure due to worn piston rings.  Although all engine crank cases have normal pressure, if the compression rings are worn, there'll be excessive crankcase pressure causing the problem you have. 

Maybe start your engine and see if you can detect any air flow from the hose.

Do you have 2 fill and drain plugs or just 1?

I have a 2006 kx450f and when it gets hot it drips just a couple of drops of oil out of the crank case vent hose on the left side is this bad? And I put the recomended amount of oil in it so I don't believe it's over filled.

that is 100% normal..on my 06 and my 11 I routed that hose underneath the cases so it wouldn't get on my boots...

Ernie