Sign in to follow this  

Pulse Generator Assem. - Where To Find?

Hey all...

One of my first posts... sorry if this info is readily available... I searched and read, and read, read all about pulse generators, stators, CDIs, etc. but no where could I find any information about where to buy one of these parts.

I can find the CDI, the stator, and the regulator all online from various sources but what I can't find is the Pulse Generator (some seem to call this the "pickup coil", or the "pickup pulse coil")

I've got a 1985 XR600.  Probably a simple cross reference to some other part but this newbie is stumped.  Please help!

THANKS!

TeamDoty

Edited by TeamDoty

Thanks!  I've checked there and some other places... no joy.  I've gotten to where I'm scouring images of the 1985-87 parts and comparing those to other years.  I *think* those from 1988-90 look very similar...

Actually... even the 1991-2000 model looks to be identical... wires and connector look the same... mounting bracket looks the same.  Might be worth trying - these are still available and I can get OEM from Partzilla for $38.

Update:  I installed the Pulse Generator (pick up coil) from a 1991-2000 model XR and it worked great!  I also installed a new CDI (Arrow Indus.?) at the same time.  Still running on the stock OEM stator.

So the old XR is alive again... now fixing/restoring a few other odds and ends on the bike before I take 'er out for a test ride.

I'll post up part numbers, etc. soon.