Sign in to follow this  

WHats wrong with my dirt bike?! HELP!

I just recently got a 2003 yz125 dirt bike. i was riding it all day long running the fuel a little rich. when i got home i took a couple hoursd brake then put some more fuel in it. im new to 2 stroke so i think i mixed it right but not postivie. i ran 40:1. so after i put the 40:1 in it i took it out reiding and it rode solid for a good half hour then i raced my friend down a ditch and won but when i turned around and was coming back 3rd gear my bike just died out and stopped. dont have a kickstarter so i have to push start it but it would not start for the love of god. i hooked it up to a blaster to pull it faster for the push(now pull) start but it still wouldnt start. Its like it turns over and sounds like its abput to start nbut it never does. it started up once but then it bogged out right away. i know its not flooding because theres no fuel coming out the bottom drip line. Was wondering if someone could tell me what wrong? i was thinking it was a spark plug or the carb. when i twist the throttle when its off no gas comes out the bottom like it should when its flooded. please help

It fouled a plug. Happens sometimes when you run it rich and don't keep on it.

Buy a kickstart lever.

Who runs a dirtbike without a kick starter? You really need to get a kick starter for it haha.

And when you get a new plug, get like 4 of them, cheap, and that way you have them for next time. Also, figure out a place on you or on the bike to keep one spare while riding.

You will really regret not having a kick starter if you ever stall in the middle of a sand pit. found that out the hard way.

• Like 1