Sign in to follow this  

Trail Riding Locations

Hey guys, I moved to Los Angeles from the Midwest two years ago now. I know we have tons if options for great desert riding but I'm having a hard time finding good trail riding. I love Kennedy Meadows and Monache Meadows. Does anyone know similar places to ride that are within a roughly four hour drive of LA?

KM is the best . . . Los Padres has some fun stuff (above Gorman) . . . Silverwood/Big Bear area would also be another option going the other direction.  Where in LA are you.

The trick is to ride Gorman on a weekday, otherwise, head up to the forest trails (LPNF) and you'll be lucky to see another group or two all day.  Doesn't compare to KM but is less than half the distance.  I may head up there this weekend depending on the plan that comes together.

You also have rowher flats. It's close to you and doesn't get packed like Gorman. It's in Santa Clarita.

Ok I will have to give Gorman a few more tries, and maybe give it a shot on a weekday. And yeah my girlfriend and I ride Rowher a lot since its so close but there isn't much in terms of forest riding. schmo usually I'd see if you felt like meeting up this weekend and showing me around Gorman but I'll be back up in KM/MM for the weekend so maybe another time. Where are you in lA?

Ok I will have to give Gorman a few more tries, and maybe give it a shot on a weekday. And yeah my girlfriend and I ride Rowher a lot since its so close but there isn't much in terms of forest riding. schmo usually I'd see if you felt like meeting up this weekend and showing me around Gorman but I'll be back up in KM/MM for the weekend so maybe another time. Where are you in lA?

I'm in the SFV off the 118 FWY.  I'll be up at KM over the holiday and hoping to get up there as much as I can before it closes, so hit me up if you ever need some company.  LPNF, at least the part that hasn't burnt is a lot more of a forest compared to Gorman or Rowher.

Ha Ha...  Ignore that guy...  He is our local TT Virus...  last thing you want is to get Der-rolled. 

Our site is on a secure server and has been around for almost a decade.  Focused on Socal public riding spots, it provides Google links to riding areas...  staging areas...  weather and local Rangers websites.   Free to use for anyone.  Enjoy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ha Ha... Ignore that guy... He is our local TT Virus... last thing you want is to get Der-rolled.

Our site is on a secure server and has been around for almost a decade. Focused on Socal public riding spots, it provides Google links to riding areas... staging areas... weather and local Rangers websites. Free to use for anyone. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

That hurt. :(