Sign in to follow this  

2005 250r rebuilt. Now hard to start no idle?

Plz help guys. Bike locked up(thrust washer) installed wiseco top n bottom. Bike cranked 3rd kick n ran fine. Turned off to see if it would crank again and its really hard to crank and it wont idle at all? I bought a shim kit and shimmed them to spec. Still same thing

Plz help guys. Bike locked up(thrust washer) installed wiseco top n bottom /quote]

I will stop it right there. The issue is, wiseco bottom end. Is it hard to crank as in stiff to turn over or like hard to get it to fire up?

Hard to fire. And pipe glows red when it runs. You have to keep feathering throttle or it will die. It might be my jets?

Edited by Pgreen01

Hard to fire. And pipe glows red when it runs. You have to keep feathering throttle or it will die. It might be my jets?

Clean out your pilot jet. It's clogged.

Red pipe is a lean condition, at least if it gets red quickly. Also clean out all passageways in the carb that are possible.

Thx ill clean it/replace it this week! Ill let u know how it goes.

Alright, a good idea, that I do to any old bike that's had a decent amount of riding, is put a inline fuel filter in right before the carb, along with some fresh fuel line. I've had the carb apart on an 06 bike that I cleaned the jet on 4 times, kept clogging. Turned out the filter in the tank fell apart and was letting everything in to clog the carb up. Talk about a PITA.. Should be $3 for a filter that will last awhile.

Normal for the header to go red if its sitting on a stand for a couple minutes. Wiseco cranks are junk, lots of people have had big problems with them failing quickly. Goodluck.