Sign in to follow this  

Need some help

I got a 2004 rmz 250 and yea I have figured it they are the worse bike ever but I'm having transmission problems I have done replace the gears input shaft and forks and it still didn't fix it I thank it mite be the drum or is it that I'm doing somthing wrong I go by the book I put it back together and on the second day it done the same. Also I have looked in to getting a new motor that is suppose to be a updated motor has any messed with them? Thanks for any help in advance

A Suzuki with transmission problems? No way.

Just kidding, what symptoms is the bike giving you. If it's telling you the gear dogs are worn don't replace the shafts and forks. We need more details man

• Like 1

Well it was shifting good then 4 th gear went and it would act like it was in neutral so I broke it down and put a new forth gear in it well I finally I saw the input shaft had a bad spot in it so I replaced that And I put new forks in I heard they where bad about bending got it back going this past weekend and it was doing great I had rode it for about 5 hrs off and on and I was down shifting and it made a pop noise and locked up the back wheel almost as if it jammed up or some thing idk my book doesn't show anything about the gears them selves so idk if I put the gears in wrong or what I'm going to break it down this weekend and I can get some pics of it on here but yea this thing has been a headache I love the way it handles but that's about it

Also after it locked the wheel up I got it back in neutral and I thought well I will try it agine and went went good in first but as soon as I put in second it made a noise and I just shut it off and put it up

Hey guys quick question could the shifter not the rod but Idk the name of but the thing that is on the end of the shifting drum that the shifting rod goes to could it make it get stuck in between gears

Here is the damage ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408830980.451698.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408831005.800570.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408831041.512522.jpg

I could turn it and it will bind up but I dnt know what I'd making that happen that is fourth gear

Edited by springer28

Does any body have any ideas on what may have cause this it will spin freely then it will just stop and bind up then you can turn it the other way it will bind up to and it doesn't seem to want to shift well