Sign in to follow this  

86 CR500 build

So I picked up an 86 CR500 at a local shop for cheap. Was a complete bike but not running. So I tore it down and powder coated the frame red and the wheels black. I've purchased everything new from cables to wheel bearings, levers/perches, tires, air box from an 89, radiators and way more. Plus more to come like bars, chain and sprockets and new seat cover. Was finishing up the motor rebuild by cleaning up the clutch/water pump cover and noticed the infamous rot issue that the water pump has. So basically it's not repairable and I need a new one, which are like gold apparently. So I did some research and found out the 90-93 cr500 clutch/water pump cover will fit on my 86. Does anyone have any resources or know of locations where I may get lucky and find one for decent price? Let me know. Thanks!

Ps: here's a pic or 2 of what I've got so far. Sorry they were taken in low light. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408338733.302323.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408338752.818837.jpg

I bought one for a 88 250 which ended up a 89 model part and a direct bolt on and made out of alluminum for 180 dollors from motosport good luck !!!

nice to see another one of these beasts coming back to life.  i had an 85 for a while.  and a 96.

there is a cr500 only forum that you can check out the classifieds there.  you have to have a cr500 in order to register.