Sign in to follow this  

125 2t shootout

Just curious as soon ill be getting a new bike. previous experience = wr400, ktm 125sx, yz 250, roadbike hahaha. anyway me and a mate are getting into racing, ill probably be doing more enduro/harscramble stuff but we will also have a supercrossy sort of track built at his within 5 months so my question is what 125's have thier power distributed where. my ktm (01) had a tonne of power outside powerband and a decent mid but failed miserably in the top exact opposite for my friends 2000 cr125 with fmf rev pipe. i think ill need broad power for the stuff ill be doing so i guess i ask which bike will be able to haul my ass around? I'm about 92kgs (200lbs) and plan to get to about 83 by the time i actually start racing

any info on the setup etc. i want to find out every bit of info you guys have on 125s how much power, where is there power set, what parts do you need to move the power to where etc. will need a 125 as im only 16 and cant race the 250/450f untill i am 19

200xc or 250xc. That's what I would want. Will last longer and be easier to ride.

I would get a 250xc but no such thing as xc's down here never seen one for sale ever.

Where are you located? I'm currently riding a Husqvarna cr144. If you can find one in you're area for cheap that may be a good investment. The bikes come with a 144cc kit. You can ride it as a 125 and when the time comes, bolt on the 144 kit. Depending on the type of pipe you buy, that will dictate the power characteristics. As well as adjusting the power valve. Sending the cylinder off for porting will change the power as well.

my 2005 yz125 has nice power all the way through compared to a 2001 cr125r and a 2005 kx125. The Kawasaki and Honda really lack bottom end power. The yz on the other hand has power all the way through. IF I WERE YOU I my top three would be the yz125 HONDA cr125r and Husky cr125. IMO those are all about on par with each other. The Honda has the best handling , the YZ the best stock motor, and the Husky is by far the coolest looking but still has lots of race potential. After those three it would go KTM, Suzuki and last Kawasaki. Overall there all great bikes but some are better than others ;)

any info on the setup etc. i want to find out every bit of info you guys have on 125s how much power, where is there power set, what parts do you need to move the power to where etc. will need a 125 as im only 16 and cant race the 250/450f untill i am 19

I would get a 250xc but no such thing as xc's down here never seen one for sale ever.

250 exc would be ok ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=32073&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R4.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xktm+250+&_nkw=ktm+250+exc&_sacat=32073&_from=R40