Sign in to follow this  

What is the best year

What year crf250r should I get. 2009 2011 2012 or 2013 what is the most reliable and has the best handling and power

I have the 2013 MAN I love it!!!! It has tons of power and crazy good handling! I feel like i can pin it in a turn and not lose control! Now reliability that's ok I had to replace the water pump about like 5 times. Had to rebuild the forks and rebuild my topend. And since there is soooo much power the stock chain couldn't handle it. So I had to buy a new chain. But the power and handling out weigh the reliability.
  • Like 1

I have the 2013 MAN I love it!!!! It has tons of power and crazy good handling! I feel like i can pin it in a turn and not lose control! Now reliability that's ok I had to replace the water pump about like 5 times. Had to rebuild the forks and rebuild my topend. And since there is soooo much power the stock chain couldn't handle it. So I had to buy a new chain. But the power and handling out weigh the reliability.

You had to replace the water pump 5 times on a 2013? What are you running for coolant, ocean saltwater? Hard tap water? I haven't even seen a total of 5 bad waters pumps when considering all the CRFs I have owned combined with all my buddy's CRFs...

You had to replace the water pump 5 times on a 2013? What are you running for coolant, ocean saltwater? Hard tap water? I haven't even seen a total of 5 bad waters pumps when considering all the CRFs I have owned combined with all my buddy's CRFs...

it was leaking into the trans and making it foam and get all nasty. I finally got it!!!! And it's running great. I was running stock coolant, but switched over to engine ice after my first water pump rebuild. Note I flushed the system out with water and vinegar then flushed it with straight pure distilled water.