Sign in to follow this  

Front brake caliper interchangeability, 2008 YZ125

I have a destroyed front brake caliper on my 2008 YZ125.  I'm just wondering if anybody knows off hand what bikes and years will interchange with it.

I have a destroyed front brake caliper on my 2008 YZ125.  I'm just wondering if anybody knows off hand what bikes and years will interchange with it.

IMO if your front brake is anything like my '01 YZ125, don't go with another yami setup.  I have heard others have upgraded it to the Honda brake setup, and others have used other aftermarket with much better results.

IMO if your front brake is anything like my '01 YZ125, don't go with another yami setup. I have heard others have upgraded it to the Honda brake setup, and others have used other aftermarket with much better results.

People upgrade to the Honda Master Cylinder, not the brake caliper...

People upgrade to the Honda Master Cylinder, not the brake caliper...

Hmm, i have heard change both, so if it's really only necessary to change the master cylinder that might help it fit into my budget, thanks for the info.  time to do more research :)

Edited by Euchre

Hmm, i have heard change both, so if it's really only necessary to change the master cylinder that might help it fit into my budget, thanks for the info. time to do more research :)

Never heard of people changing to a Honda caliper. Honda brake pads maybe...

In 08 they switched the front brake hanger. So only 08 tell current would fit your forks. But you can always get an older caliper (like 05 and up) and just use your 08 hanger.

• Like 1

If you want a yamaha set up, I have a 2011 master cylinder (yz125) I will sell. I also have an asv lever for it and a braided line if interested shoot me a pm....never mind, just reread your post. But I do have a 2011 CRF250 caliper if you want to try it too.  You just have to use your YZ hanger from what I have read here on TT.

Edited by johnk408

i have a 11 yz450 caliper mounted to an oversized hanger for 07 yz450f and mounted on the 07 yz450f forks. so even if the caliper is different you should still be ab;e to use on your hanger