Sign in to follow this  

New 15.9oz battery - Antigravity 4cell 6amp hr 120 cranking amps

I can't find any information on these.  I have a 2014 Husky 501FE (510cc).  This battery says for 600cc bikes or less but not for regular starting.  Only for race bike starting.  However, I need it for continuous use.  The amp hrs and the cranking amps seem really high.  Any ideas why these batteries might not be as good as a stock battery?

I tried a 4 cell ballistic to go as naked/lite as possible on my 310 it did not last very long, ballistic sent me 8 cell to replace the 4 cell.

8 cell as stated above is the ticket.

PS I chose the 4 cell for the spec as well, its numbers matched the specs of the OEM lead acid battery.

Get the 8 cell it will serve you better.

Edited by robertaccio

Sorry but my experience with Lipo batteries has been crap! If you run them below  8V you just threw out $150, as they will not recharge and work the same ever again!

If it's cold weather, forget about it; they simply will not put out enough voltage to start your bike no matter how much you crank to "warm them up". It's great if you want to save some weight and have endless money coming out of your pocket. But they simply aren't worth it in my opinion after having wasted money on two diff lipos. 

I now use earth-x 8 cell with zero issues in TXC310R and currently in my TE300. I like this bullet proof battery with balance charging electronics built in.

I have a shorai LFX14L2-BS12

14 Ah ... 210cca... weight .763 Kg or 1.68 lbs. Not one issue, starts fine in febuary in Canada ... never charged it once and have left key on for over half hour a few times and the 501s don't have a kick start.... comes with foam shims to make a nice fit in battery box... expensive is only con