DRZ400 seat issues

I cannot stay forward on the bike, the seat has no grip and the rear end is way lower than the front of the seat so I naturally slide back. How am I supposed to ride hunched over in the middle of the seat?

Suggestions? Also I'm 5'10 and had no issues staying forward on the KLX250s. 

Edited by Jamesp20

I cannot stay forward on the bike, the seat has no grip and the rear end is way lower than the front of the seat so I naturally slide back. How am I supposed to ride hunched over in the middle of the seat?

get the sdg step seat. wheeling has it. buy me one too when you get yours. i'll pm you my address. thanks buddy!

• Like 1

Have you adjusted your sag? You shouldn't be sliding back, nor is the bike supposed to be leaning back. Think you have some adjustments to make before changing seat. Unless you are trying on purpose to ride on the tank. That can't be too comfortable. Besides that, the seat is horrible and there are several aftermarket seat that are good. Some like one brand while others hate it so unfortunately unless you know people with one to try it out you are stuck with a blind purchase. I went with Seat Concepts and couldn't be happier. My rear is also happier with it.

• Like 1

Well my last dual sport had a firm seat, I could sit up close to the tank all day and it was so much fun. But now I'm trying to ride up close to the tank but the bike says "no, &%$#@! it" and it requires that I hold myself up with the handlebars and knees.

Edited by Jamesp20

I always ride far back on the seat for comfort, and leg room. Don't know why you'd want to be way forward on the seat unless about to sit down and explode a berm and in that case forward halting momentum , should be easy to stay forward.

• Like 1

Have you set the suspension sag ?

Shave your seat foam. Its free and it allows you to form the seat to your desire. I shaved mine to have a lower and narrower crotch section. I have no trouble sitting up front of my seat, of course its a bit harder to slide back, but that's not a big deal to me.

0609141413_zpsa9153d9c.jpg

• Like 1