Sign in to follow this  

Which rear tire

rear tire is about shot on my 400e... what tire do you guys recommend

its off road only. a lot of dirt some sand some gravel roads.. but mainly a lot of timber riding. what something with good traction

size of the rear is 110/100-18

What bumtarder said. I've run 4 or 5 of them. They are the best off road tire I've found.

Anyone try the Michelin ac10?

No, almost got it, but got the Michelin S12 XC.....new compound, very good spacing on the knobs and just enough flex to make it grippy. I only ride in the dirt, I have had many different tires, my last one was a Goldentyre 216, but they are hard to get here in the states....a friend sent it from Kamloops, BC. This S12 is almost identical knob pattern and so far (4 or 5 rides) it's been great. I got a 140-80-18....here's a pic...

MichelinS-12xc002_zps6f3c4435.jpg

As you can see, it's siped already and there's a good amount of flex. The spacing, in my opinion, is key to traction. The closer the knobs, the more you slide around. Most DOT tires are that way for asphalt gripping, so that's why you'll never find a tire that's good for both street and dirt......one or the other. I'm not an expert, and everyone has their favorite for the riding they do, so you'll have to take what people are saying and look at where they're from and what they ride in. That's the best tell. I hate talking about tires because people get so offended if you don't name their tire.....

Anyway, not saying this is the best, I'm always on the hunt for that "unbelievable" tire. At least this is another opinion for ya.......... ;)

• Like 3