Sign in to follow this  

570 SMR info please

Hi guys pleased to meet you all :ride:

Second try .. noob here put it in the wrong section first try ..

So I picked up a  cheap 2004 570 . It had some issues , lack of power , and clutch slip and general neglected outside in the gardeness . I tore it down , clutch plates were withing tolerance so I reassembled it correctly with the adjuster in the center of the plates correctly set . I measured up the springs , valves ,checked the cams etc .. all was good but clearence at exhaust was zero at dissasembly and decomp was incorrectly adjusted so it was decomping all the time . Put it all back together and she runs fine , clutch slip is gone .. everything now works as it should . Compression feels good at the kickstarter .. being good to me = darned hard to kick over without full commitment .. but after the priming strokes it  goes after the first or second kick . However I would like to know what should I be getting on the compression dial  ? I have hunted around and can't seem to get a number for it on the interweber . Just want to make sure I am in the right ball park of not to high and not to low . would the usual give or take a ten or so 120 ish be good ?

It did look like this .. sorry state, peeling stickers , crud ,rust ...all in tatty assed  ..

DSC_0493_zpsd29524ad.jpg

What a difference a weekend of late night 3am in the garage fettling can make ..All it really needs now is a MOT and a new clutch cable as the one on it is a bit banjoed and could be smoother for clutching up the wheelies .

DSC_0497_zps74e9bf26.jpg

You will find a lot more info on cafe husky or even ADV, when it comes to the older Husqvarns. Nice job! It looks like some one didn't know how to take care of it. Good thing it's in better hands!

I tried to sign up to cafe Husky .. but the captcha thing would not work .. And this site sends my anti virus haywire , it keeps logging me out to protect me from the adverts . Supermoto sites are as bloody fickle as the bikes are !!!!

I tried to sign up to cafe Husky .. but the captcha thing would not work .. And this site sends my anti virus haywire , it keeps logging me out to protect me from the adverts . Supermoto sites are as bloody fickle as the bikes are !!!!

for parts in the UK,

Huskysport  - Hants = importers,

Taliesin - Wales (Experts in that class of husky)

Charlie - Oxford

I think I might have to give up on this forum .. it's all over the place and keeps erroring out . I dunno if it's me or the forum , but I can't seem to fix it . This is the only thread I can see or post on .. everythingelse gives me error ,reset ,timed out .