Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bike trailer

I want to take my motorcycle on a camping trip with some atvs, but i need a way to carry my tent and other things behind my crf 230 or KLX 140. I have looked at the moto mule, but they dont make a trailer for either one. I was wondering if anyone has built one, and how you did it, or if somone make a production trailer for it. Any input is appreciated. :blah:  

If your going with some atvs can't you have them pull it. and a trailer to be pulled behind a dirtbike would not work to good because if you dump it it will &%$#@! up the neck of the trailer

If your going with some atvs can't you have them pull it. and a trailer to be pulled behind a dirtbike would not work to good because if you dump it it will &%$#@! up the neck of the trailer

It could work. The ATV hitch that I have will swivel 360 degrees. The ATV could in theory be upside down with the trailer still upright.

But I agree that it wouldn't be very practical. If possible I would let the ATV's be the mules and carry your essentials in a backpack...

OP do you have a welder and some fabbing ability? If so I'm sure you could MacGyver some kind of means of attaching a lightweight ATV trailer to your bike. Maybe something that straddles the rear tire and attaches to either end of the axle....then weld it up to a standard ATV hitch?

Just throwing ideas out there because I have never seen a production dirt bike trailer. Well, I mean the trailers exist already in the form of ATV trailers, the challenge comes with trying to attach one to your bike....

Neither of those bikes are big or strong enough to pull anything. I have seen a couple different dirt bike trailers, but all on drz400s, klx650's, or 450 mx'ers. Klx140? Really? A tad small, light, and underpowered. That'd be like hauling an enclosed multi bike trailer with a Miata.

• Like 1

I'd look at luggage first. Lotsa adventure touring rigs carry for LONG tours, you won't likely need all of that.

I think a trailer in any kind of terrain would make you wish you stayed home.

i have a small rear sprocket on the back. The trails we would be on arent very difficult. I may be a newbie to this fourm, but not to riding.

One would think that you want a larger rear sprocket on the rear as far towing goes.