Sign in to follow this  

Chain Slider's/sprockets? (rebuilding bike)

Hey Guys/Girls, i have a question in regards to chain sliders. i have a 2005 DRZ 400 E that has 17" motard rims on, my chain guide/slider (big rubber thing around swingarm that chain sits on) has worn quite abit and is borderline splitting. i am wondering whether an SM chain slider block thing will fit the E model swingarm? as ive also heard that this is one ofthe reasons for chain rub which i currently have aswell.

Another question is, what is the best setup for a supermoto for comfortably sitting @ 60-70mph AKA Sprocket comboes and what chain length required.

Thanks in advance :)

Heres my DRZ as is, Excuse the mess :)

Side Note, i'm having to rebuild my Engine as the bottom end has developed a horrible knocking, so thought ide do some much needed TLC on the entire bike so stripped it down completely to find the majority of my bearings on the swing arm shot :(

1623719_10153063353037571_6755339918526059360_n.jpg

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

• Like 1

I just did a S to SM convertion,  the chain rubbed the tire big time,  so i bought a aftermarket SM style chain guide,  fits the S/E models without modifcations,  just bolts right on,  40 bucks on ebay.

• Like 1

Good sprocket combo is 15/39 or 15/41 for that speed and 17" tires. Chain is 110 links. Tire getting chewed up may also be the offset on the rear. May need offset changed a few mm to rotor side. Don't change offset to much though.

Edited by qwaster

My tire has been offset according to my local garage as i enquired about it, apparently my rims are just pretty wide too. im running Morad rims with talon hubs so yeh. thanks fort all the feedback :) seems to have answered my questions, so thankyou :)

Looks like ill go for 15/39 with a 110 link chain and also buy a sm chain slider

• Like 1