Sign in to follow this  

initial preload on shock

Im switching to a heavier spring. How much do I compress the spring? Is there a rule of thumb in inches or something. 250 x is the bike, The shock is still off the bike. OK I just found that info. MY next question is the proper spring for the bike. I am setting the bike up to ride st all 2 and third gear riding. The Manual gives me 2 optional stiffer springs 5.0 or 5.2. Race tech values were at 5.8. I have a 5.5 that I can use but if its not the right one ill get the right one. I weigh 205 without gear. Stock valving,

Edited by realfun1

Im switching to a heavier spring. How much do I compress the spring? Is there a rule of thumb in inches or something. 250 x is the bike, The shock is still off the bike. OK I just found that info. MY next question is the proper spring for the bike. I am setting the bike up to ride st all 2 and third gear riding. The Manual gives me 2 optional stiffer springs 5.0 or 5.2. Race tech values were at 5.8. I have a 5.5 that I can use but if its not the right one ill get the right one. I weigh 205 without gear. Stock valving,

what bike? and what are your numbers now if u try as the poster above recommended 6-8...