Sign in to follow this  

How often your ride ? Why / why not ... ?

Bringing the old thread to life ! .D - Just quick question for everyone , how often you ride ? MX or Trails or Enduro... ? Why / Why not ? Would you ride more often ? .)

For example . I ride once or twice a week , Reason ? gas price is high and my WR 360 is eating like a pig ! .D got to save some money for others hobbies too .) and im still student soo i dont make earn money since i work only through holidays. AND I WOULD DEFINATELY RIDE MORE OFTEN ! .D have a time for it , have a taste for it , but dont have gas ! .D Sometimes i just sit on the bike and think about the ride .D

• Like 3

Trails and Enduro, i ride as often as my bikes are working but as i ride vintage thats a lot less riding than you may think ;)

• Like 1

I ride trails, but I'd like to start racing in the fall.

I don't ride that much now since I work 6 days a week and get home at 9 or 10. I don't ride on Sunday much anymore since I usually have a lot of chores that have to be caught up like mowing the lawn, cleaning the garage, and stuff.

I think I've only ridden three times this entire summer :(

My new SX150 only has about 15 minutes on it since I bought it a month ago...

Only just got my bike ~month ago, and at first had some maintenance issues that needed resolved..hot start problem, now solved.

Now that the bike runs/starts perfect, I plan to go hit the trails/woods/MX style of riding area where I learned to ride years ago.

Some other things though have taken priority recently..mainly spending time with family, particularly mom in law (father in law recently passed, and only some could imagine how empty home must feel for her, 50+ years married). Now I have other family coming soon.

Never the less, I fire up the bike now at least once a week and tear around locally, but there is not much...technically speaking.

Probably a good thing, because even after as little as 15 minutes, can leave me feeling a little sore from being out of shape.

Premium no ethanol is ~ $3.80 a gallon here.

at least once a week a couple of hours in the woods, more if I can find others to ride with me , ride alone every so often but really rather have someone along.

• Like 1

I try to ride once a week at least, sometimes twice or three times depending on time.

To be honest though, it is not my only hobby, and I enjoy other stuff as well, which is also expensive :( and takes up riding time (not in a bad way)

Edit: But I am sporadic, I might not ride for several weeks, and then really get the itch to go for all weekend.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

We, Lump tha thump and I, are lucky enough to have our own timber to ride in. We ride trails that we have cut and cleared ourselves so we are able to ride whenever we have a few minutes free to jump on a bike and head to the timber. Every year we expand our trail system and still only have trails on about half of the timber we own. As our experience increases so we try to increase the difficulty of the trails that we cut.

Since we have a farm to run and care for, sometimes we only have time to do a short loop on the exterior trail or rip around the pastures a bit before heading back to reality. Other times we spend a couple of hours back in the timber trying to improve our techniques and speeds.

I'm happy with riding trails but I think my husband would like to have a go at racing at some point.

• Like 2

I ride MX. I try to go once a week. There is no where close enough for me to ride during the week so I set aside one day each weekend to ride. I only get 6 months or so of riding weather which makes me wish I could ride more often.

I used to ride trails more then anything but I got tired of crashing all the time haha.

Edited by D4N63R
  • Like 1

Every weekend unless I'm at the river, in that case I'm probably on jet skis. I have a couple acres which isn't really big enough for my 250sx but me and some friends mess around on pit bikes almost daily.. Sometimes I find them more fun for the $ than the big bikes.

• Like 1

I try to ride once a week. I would love to ride more often but i only have a small field that a neighbour lets me ride in. I ride mx but the nearest track is over 2 hours away and it's tough as I'm not driving the van yet.

• Like 1

Weather permitting I ride anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week. I bought a 2014 RMZ 450 two or so months ago and probably have a good 20 days or so on the bike and I'd guess somewhere around 70 hours. Before I got the RMZ I had a YZ 250 and had at least 15 days on it. This summer has been the most I've ever ridden.

Our riding season is short here at 10,000ft, so I try to make the most of it.  This year's it's been three 4 hour rides a week (rain, hail or shine).  Which, in all honesty, is more than I can take.  My forearms are knotted and it hurts just to use them to grip anything.

I'll only be riding week-ends for the next few weeks, which should give me time to recover properly. 

Yep, I got those first world problems...

• Like 3

Every day until I broke my foot 5 weeks ago.

Still have 5 more to go.

• Like 2

Years ago I rode enduros.  Today I just cow trail.  Ride whenever I can.  Maybe when I get old I’ll keep a calendar of ride times.

This month we have the opportunity to ride Oregon for two weeks, weather permitting, riding every day which translates into about 1,500 dirt miles or about $120 apiece for bike gas.  Hope everything holds together and my butt doesn’t rebel too much.  We are in the garage right now installing a new swingarm/linkage assembly on a DR350 to take on the trip. 

We no longer ride SoCal in the winter.  The bikes get the season off staying in the garage enjoying the rest.

Ain’t riding fun!!!!

• Like 1

i try to ride at least ounce a week if im lucky twice. i ride motocross and if i could i would ride more

During the work week its hard to get out to ride. I will do my loop for an hour here or there. Mostly take the kids with me. Kinda like killing 2 birds with one stone. Dirtbiking and family time. I have a cpl local tracks that are really close and go for a cpl hours on sat or sunday. When i go out west to the mountains (1hr drive) i spend the whole day out there, usually ride untill i cant see and take the fire roads or easy route back to truck. Life is so busy, it is hard to juggle work, wife, kids and yz250 and to make eveyone happy.

During the summer about 5 days a week. Once college starts in the fall I get very busy with school, work & homework. Once or twice a week then if I'm lucky. I ride trails mostly. My friend owns a track that we ride a lot too. Next year ongoing to race the jday Offroad series in new England

Edited by KTMjolene

I ride trails but like to hit the track every once in a while. I haven't ridden my bike much this summer because of other activities that take up tons of my time. Also my riding areas are wicked boring and the only good places to ride are either far away or rolling with cops.