Kx 65 crank seal replacement.

Anyone replaced the right side crank seal on a kx 65 without splitting the cases? I really don't want to have to do that since I have a good crank, bearings and top end in it right now. It's not running bad or smoking excessively either but it is loosing tranny fluid.

The fiche is incorrect.  The right (clutch side) goes in from the inside, and requires you to split the cases.  No leak somewhere else?  That seal should outlast the flywheel seal because it is lubricated by the tranny fluid.

Edited by gsa102

The fiche is incorrect. The right (clutch side) goes in from the inside, and requires you to split the cases. No leak somewhere else? That seal should outlast the flywheel seal because it is lubricated by the tranny fluid.

I havnt seen it leaking anywhere else. I keep the bike pretty clean. I am getting water in the trans oil from presumably the water pump. The bike did sit for a while before I got it but it had a rebuild done before

It sat.

I havnt noticed a change in the coolant level either. I have the water pump seals on order so if it still does it after that I'm going to change it when I do the top end in January.

The coolant should weep on the ground before it gets into the trans.  There can be an issue with the trans breather hose and fitting where water condensates or the fitting lets water in when riding or washing.  Not sure exactly why but it happened on ours.  It makes the oil milky just like antifreeze would.  I cleaned the breather hose and changed the oil a few times and no more problem.

The coolant should weep on the ground before it gets into the trans. There can be an issue with the trans breather hose and fitting where water condensates or the fitting lets water in when riding or washing. Not sure exactly why but it happened on ours. It makes the oil milky just like antifreeze would. I cleaned the breather hose and changed the oil a few times and no more problem.

I will check it. I did notice some water dripping out of it when I was changing the oil last.