Sign in to follow this  

Not typical oil question.

I have amsoil dominator oil that has been opened for about 4 years now but not fully used. I am starting up again after 4 years off and was wondering if it is still safe to use? Thanks.

Ask yourself, is saving $20 on a bottle of oil worth blowing up a motor? If it is, then go for it.

I usually treat oil with a 1 year shelf life, and after that , it goes into the trash or a motor I don't care about.

Brake fluid is a 1 time use for me, and then trashed.

Lol it's oil, it's fine if it's sealed, idk if it's synthetic but if it's not it's been in the ground for millions of years, a few more won't hurt it

The container has been used for about a year before I went into the military, and then it sat for 4 years opened but with a cap on of course. Maybe I'll switch to a honda 2 stroke oil. Thanks guys.

Ask yourself, is saving $20 on a bottle of oil worth blowing up a motor? If it is, then go for it.

I usually treat oil with a 1 year shelf life, and after that , it goes into the trash or a motor I don't care about.

Brake fluid is a 1 time use for me, and then trashed.

i never heard of such a thing.  wish i was your neighbor.  i wouldn't have to buy any oil of brake fluid anymore.

• Like 2