Sign in to follow this  

rm125 not getting fuel ! and blown after fresh rebuilt

how you guys well let me start the whole story so you guys could be in track with was going on ..i bought an 87 rm125 for 250 bucks 

built it completly .but i put 88 rods and 88 piston.. i bought a new carb since the one it has it was full of crap and mold just bad overall .i had bought an 87 piston and that was the piston it was bored out to ..that piston code its 557M05550 .the guy at the shop called me and said that the piston pin didnt match that i needed to order 568p6 piston that it was the 88 .so i did but i just went and picked up the motor .i put the piston myself because its pretty simple .i did everything right.. it fit it right in  .so got the bike together it was missing a waterpump impeller  .. i tought well a lil start wouldnt hurt it at least 5 seconds or less so i started it and im guessing the idle screw was turned all the way up so as soon it started .it reved really high like almost redline ..i turned it off .i waited for the impeller i put it on .i put water and i took it for a drive since the guy at the shop told me it was okay to drive it aslong as i didnt pin it ..so i rode the bike ..when i first got it out i look at the head and it was leaking water so i imediatly turned it off and tightend the head bolts .(top cylinder head).iwent for a ride slowly bike was working awsome .i rode it for a hour and a half .i tought well by now it should be fine to give it gas .so  i did i went thru all the gears .the bike moved fast as hell .i did not top it out since i knew it wasnt such a good idea .as soon as i let go of the gas the rear tire locked up ..i hit the clutch and i stoped . i had a feeling i had blow my top end ..i kicked nothing i let it cooled down for 5 to 10 minutes it started .so i didnt think nothing really happened ..i let it cooled down .after that i took it for a ride i was feeling a lilbit of hesitation i drove it back and it end it up dying on me ...i checked for spark and it wasnt getting any so i bought a coil for it ..ok put it on and i bought the right sparkplug for it also this time since before it had ngk r and it was closing the gap like the piston was hitting the plug .. i now installed b9egv so its good ..now i see that its getting spark so i put it back on kick it and nothing ..i cleaned the carb just in case ..kick it and nothing ..WHEN i checked the sparkplug it had no fuel at all ..previously when i runed it it used to have fuel in the sparkplug .just by me kicking it or w.e ..but now it was just dry ..what could this be ?? ..next its compression ! so i took out the head and  the piston was sratched and the cylinder wall was also with a lil wear ..i took it to the shop and he told me since it wasnt the same piston he bored it out to mayb thats why it scratched it because in the cylinder head it shows wear because it was to tight or w.e so i asked him would it still start like this and he said yea .but might not since it has 1 ring ..btw the ring had no wear or nothing it was perfect ..im currently waiting on the piston .to take it to him ..since he needs to resurface the head or w.e ....but what im asking its why it wasnt no fuel in the sparkplug ??why ? could of been because not enough compression or what ??please guys help me i spent a bunch of minutes of my life writing this and spent a bunch of yours by making you reading this lol !! 

10592182_558603040912457_444680083_n.jpg

10602665_558603120912449_479917426_n.jpg

10602743_558602994245795_1517660832_n.jpg

10603022_558603217579106_925334928_n.jpg

10603039_558603017579126_1222727049_n.jpg

10595798_558603174245777_419939311_n.jpg

Edited by slammednboosted

Looks like a classic 4 corner seizure. You didn't let the bike warm up long enough.. The piston expanded faster then the cylinder....

That being said, you had to have fuel as the bike wouldn't run...

Edited by Monk
  • Like 2

It was running perfect. But before it stoped when I gave it gas past half throttle it will start bogging out it rode better on low rpms till I was getting home that it turned off and it wouldn't turn back on..