Sign in to follow this  

Renegade 500?

Hey guys, 

coming over the the dirt bike side of the website.

I am currently in the process of selling my bike and buying an atv.

I dont think ATV's have quite the fun factor of bikes, but i feel its time and overall they would just be more enjoyable.

Anyways, i have been loking into the Sport 4x4 class (used) and in particular the Can-Am renegade caught my eye, and after a bit of research i am hooked.

Would the 500 be enough power for what i am looking for? My bike is a yz250f and my dad rides a kodiak 450. I find his quad to be a bit underpowered and i dont know how the can-am 500 compares. I would also hope for something with a bit of snap like my motocrosser has.

The trails i ride are pretty tight and technical, pretty rocky and muddy. Do you think i am right in looking at the renegade?

All positive input is Welcome!!

Shane

A Can-Am 500 has tons of power. All Can-Am's tend to... 

I don't have much seat time on a 500 but I have spent a lot of time aboard an 800 that my uncle has and it's great in the woods. They're not real heavy and 4x4 is a great thing to have but it's not just that, it's the ground clearance that you have over a sport bike. A sport bike will get hung up or stuck in most of the areas that I ride (and they do, trust me I spent a lot of time getting hauled out). They should be perfect for what you're looking for, they have sport-bike like power but with 4 wheel drive. 

They're a blast for sure. I wish they made such a thing when I was a kid because I wasn't ready to give up my sport bike feel for 4x4 even though it cost me quite a bit of fun. I'll probably buy a Renegade soon once I save up some cash, they're a ton of fun. Even the 500's work a lot better then your standard utility. They handle good and can go where you need to go, you won't have to worry "can I get there?" about trails like you will with a sport bike. I know after switching to 4x4, I could go anywhere on the trails by my house where a sport bike would only go on about 25% of them.