Sign in to follow this  

2008 KTM 65 "T-Mod"

I recently purchased a 2008 KTM sx65 from the original owner.  The previous owner incorporated a "T-Mod."  All good.  However, every time the bike stops, or I load it in the truck, it basically dumps fuel from the Carb.  Probably 3 to 4 ounces, often causing a mess in the bed of my truck and/or garage.  Is this normal with a T-Mod?  We ride in very dry conditions, so I am thinking of removing it to see if that changes the situation.

Could there be something else wrong?  Am I worried about the wrong thing.

Thank you for any suggestions or help you can offer.

Yeah, I never heard of the T mod. We have a 65, so I'd like to know. When I think of fuel dumping out of the carb though I usually look to correct adjustment of the float in the carb. If you lower the float slightly it decreases the amount of fuel that can go out the overflow. This is one of the first things I look at when I bring home a new to me 2 T.

I have the same bike and it does it all the time. It's the design of the carb and you aren't going to fix it as I've tried it all. Ktm talk has all kinds of threads about it with no fixes other than an older carb. You can race hard well over an hour on one tank. Just tip bike on its side before you load it and no mess in truck.