2013 450 XC-W lowered seat won't fit?

Hello,

I ordered a Power Parts lowered seat for my 2013 XC-W and it won't line up with the seat hole that has the screw under the rear fender?

Any ideas? I have checked all the clearances under the seat such as the battery connections ect. but the hole in the bottom of the seat is barely off alignment with the screw that holds it down under the rear fender. WTF? Anyone else experience this problem? The stock black seat kinds of snaps down and fits perfectly.

Thanks for any input.....

Joe

Barely off as in you could maybe sand down the front tab a bit so it slides forward more? Take a pic...

Also check the PN's maybe they sent you the wrong one

Use your fist and give the seat a solid whack on the top. It will click right in where it needs to go. Its the normal routine on my 09 :-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply's. I'm stull struggling with this seat. I've tried checking all the electrical under the seat. Gave it a good whack with a dead blow hammer with a rag over it so I wouldn't'[t damage it. Just dosen't make any sense....... I called the vendor and they said they would take it back, but It's a great looking seat and I hate to just give up. I wonder if KTM Power Parts is aware of this problem? I did check the part number so I know it's correct. It would stink to have to take my Dremel tool and start hacking this thing up. This is the first quality issue I've encountered with my bike. I will keep trying tonight, and if I cant get it I will just send it back to KTM World.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. If I need to cut on it where should I start?

Joe

Just an update:

I was able to take my Dremel Tool and make some slight cuts and sand around the front piece. Finally it went on. In the end I just cut out the entire middle section of plastic so it now just lays down and can be screwed on with out any banging on the seat. Haven't rode the bike yet, the seat feels pretty hard, but should break in and get softer. I guess we will see if it was worth it.

Take it easy,

Joe

When your done f-in with that seat and it's pissed you off, check out Seat Concepts. They have a low seat also, and very nice

Edited by KTMPete

I Know this is an old thread, but I just ran into this issue and Google it. I fixed my issue, and hopefully can share to help anyone else in the future. 

I have a 14 350 sxf, installed a xc tank and 15 model fairings. The seat wouldn't slide forward far enough to align the rear mount bolt. I found that where the fairings wrap around the top of the tank, and lay under the seat, the thickness was too great for the seat guide tabs and seat base to "straddle" the rear portion of the tank. So, I shaved the plastic on the fairings, just the lip of plastic that surrounds the rear most mount bolt. That allowed just enough clearance for seat to slide forward the additional 3mm it needed to go. 

That worked for me, hope someone can find it helpful. 

• Like 2

I Know this is an old thread, but I just ran into this issue and Google it. I fixed my issue, and hopefully can share to help anyone else in the future. 

I have a 14 350 sxf, installed a xc tank and 15 model fairings. The seat wouldn't slide forward far enough to align the rear mount bolt. I found that where the fairings wrap around the top of the tank, and lay under the seat, the thickness was too great for the seat guide tabs and seat base to "straddle" the rear portion of the tank. So, I shaved the plastic on the fairings, just the lip of plastic that surrounds the rear most mount bolt. That allowed just enough clearance for seat to slide forward the additional 3mm it needed to go. 

That worked for me, hope someone can find it helpful. 

Hey tucndubz...thanks for the tip...solved my problem immediately. 

I had been doing a lot of work on the bike including replacing the right fairing.  When I finally went to put the seat back on (after a couple of months being off) it would not fit...no matter what I did or adjusted (battery lead etc)...making me crazy!!! After reading your post, I went back and looked at the tank/fairing area and sure enough, the tank was sitting about an eighth of an inch high (I got it re-set) and the fairing reacted to some tweaking and the seat slipped on like a dream.

Brilliant!!...saved me a lot of frustration!!