Sign in to follow this  

High Low beam problem

Hi Guys, hope someone might be able to give me some advice. I've got an Australian model KLX, and I've got a headlight problem.

This model has a high/low beam switch on the left handlebar. For some reason, both my high and low beams are on at the same time. I've just replaced the switch and its made no difference. Its just out of rego and I can't get it re registered until I get my headlight working properly.

Has anyone got any ideas where to look next?

Just to complicate matters, the wiring diagrams available for this bike don't have the high/low beam circuit as its an Australian only model.

Isn't there a 3 prong plug on that headlamp? I would unplug it and put a 12V test light in the socket and find out what is hot on high and low. Should be the horizontal blade is gnd and one vert is low beam and the other is high beam. They may have wired both together on your model.

Well I've sorted the problem. The brand new globe was faulty. What are the chances? Got another brand new bulb and iy works fine. Going to talk to the bike shop that sold me the dud bulb today.