Sign in to follow this  

Looking for everyones opinion

Hey guys, just chasing an opinion on a seat cover.

I just got my new white fender and I'm gonna buy a new seat cover as the foam is breaking down and needs to be replaced and I want opinions of what colour seat cover everyone is thinking.

I was thinking about getting a blue one to keep a retro style look;

Or maybe bright red like the new crf's;

Or just go with the standard black.

All opinions welcome.

Cheers,

Dave.

P.S. I don't know why they're posting upside down, so theres another.

photo.JPG

Edited by Dave2233

Another vote for plain black here. I like a simple look with solid colors and no stickers myself. The SDG complete seat is also pretty good. Gripper cover and the foam is actually a touch softer than stock.

• Like 1

I'm not everyone, but I am a big fan of plain old black.

• Like 1

I think your picture orientation has to do with a hemisphere thing.

Up here, the first photo is right side up and the second photo is upside down.

Black is beautiful.

Black it is gentlemen. I'm gonna look at the sdg complete seat if the foam is a little softer as this seat kills my arse on long rides.

Thanks again guys.

As far as the orientation thing, I've ran into that problem with pictures taken with an IPhone and than orientated correctly on a PC.

Edited by 702inda509

As far as the orientation thing, I've ran into that problem with pictures taken with an IPhone and than orientated correctly on a PC.

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head.  IPhone. In my experience those bricks don't play well with others. :goofy:

. . . . long rides.

We do long rides and my buddy just had his XR4 seat redone by a local shop.  They made the seat wider aft but the foam they used was a little stiffer than stock. Acccording to him, the extra width helped, but stock density foam would be better.  I ride a pre-1995 XR250 which has a very comfortable seat.

We do long rides and my buddy just had his XR4 seat redone by a local shop.  They made the seat wider aft but the foam they used was a little stiffer than stock. Acccording to him, the extra width helped, but stock density foam would be better.  I ride a pre-1995 XR250 which has a very comfortable seat.

Hmm.. Interesting. Maybe I'll buy a complete seat and have it modified, or have the stock seat modified for big rides.. I need the xr to be capable of long rides as the klr just doesn't cut the cake for certain places.. 

Thanks for the insight!!   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :ride: