Sign in to follow this  

SX 250 2014 - WHAT CHAIN & SPROCKET IS THE BEST?

I have a 2014 KTM 250 SX, it's got the stock 13/48T front/rear sprocket and chain(?) but I want to go up a size so the back tyre doesn't rub against the swing arm mud flap!

The chain has stretched a bit from new but the back tyre still rubs on the front of the swing arm even after I've adjusted the back axle out as far as it will go...the chain is bar tight.

Any advice on sproc/longer chain specs?

Regards,

Jono

Curious how to you have your chain tension adjusted I have the same problem I think. My chain is 2 line from the back lines up.

yeah mate mines a bit further, I've done 48hrs so the chains stretched a bit but when I put a new tyre on its still very close.

Hi Hezzdown, I've already twisted the blocks around to get maximum adjustment, I want to go for a longer chain but not sure what type to use on this bike?

just get a chain 2 links longer and it solves the problem. i use DID on all my bikes but you can buy what ever you want. alot of different sprockets depending what kind of material you want.  generally i use sunstar 7075 aluminum. ironman chromolys hold up real well also

• Like 1