Sign in to follow this  

Hare scramble starts

I have a 2013 250r that doesn't start on the first kick. I have tried to start it in neutral and in gear and it never starts on the first kick. And you know what happeneds when you don't get going on the first kick, you end up in the back of the pack:(

Any ideas how to get it started on the first kick?

Have you tried adjusting you kick start so it's at TDC when you kick it?

No. So I'll just have to take the crank bolt out and turn it to tdc when I'm at the starting line?

No. So I'll just have to take the crank bolt out and turn it to tdc when I'm at the starting line?

lol....he means just rotate it with the kickstarter...takes a bit of practice but  hes right....if you can get it at tdc and get a full kick you have a much better chance at getting it started on the first kick......

• Like 1

maybe try a few fairly slow kicks to power up the capacitor before the flag drops.

then set the kick start at TDC.

There was talk a while back in the forum of connecting in a battery pack to power the cap.

maybe try a few fairly slow kicks to power up the capacitor before the flag drops.

then set the kick start at TDC.

There was talk a while back in the forum of connecting in a battery pack to power the cap.

Ok I'll try that

That sounds interesting I'll have to research that

It may have been me who posted about doing that. Piping in 12V starts the ECU and runs the fuel pump, both good things when you need to get started in a hurry. Use a momentary "push-on" button (works like a kill switch button) to run the system, pressing it before & during the kicking process. There are some very light batteries out there now, I use an antigravity battery.

Edited by Eddie8v