Sign in to follow this  

skid plates

I am looking for opinions of aftermarket skid plates. i do mostly woods riding on the bike. went down a few times last ride and cracked generator cover so looking to ideally prevent that. i heard alum ones make bike too stiff and handle funny but is a bigger plastic worth it?

I use the Hyde bash plates and they work well, TM design also has a plastic one but does not protect like the Hyde.   

I am looking for opinions of aftermarket skid plates. i do mostly woods riding on the bike. went down a few times last ride and cracked generator cover so looking to ideally prevent that. i heard alum ones make bike too stiff and handle funny but is a bigger plastic worth it?

. Works Connection makes this bad ass skis plate. Great for trail riders ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408491069.154045.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408491069.154045.jpg
  • Like 1

I bought a TM designs skid plate for my 2013.  I am impressed how thick and strong it feels for being plastic, also the fasteners seem to be really good quality.  I am considering selling it (never been mounted) if anyone is interested  $75.  Reason is I am selling my bike.

that works connection skid is the one. thank you

If you do get the works connection plate make sure you don't use the torque specs they give you. They tell you to torque the front bolts to 9-12ft/lbs and the rear bolts to 6-9ft/lbs. My service manual says 52-69inch/lbs(4.3-5.75ft/lbs), but even at that I still pulled the threads out one of the rear bolts.