Sign in to follow this  

Dirtbike piston blowby. R

I ran rotella t5 diesel oil in my bike and it's a 06 kx450f should the oil be completely black with in 10 hours of riding? Or are my rings starting to go. It has great compression

-The brave may not live forever,but the cautious never live at all.-

It could be from clutch debris. Another thing that you might take into consideration is that 10 hours might be stretching it for the oil. I usually change mine after 7 or 8 hours and thats with a two stroke. With the engine and transmission sharing the oil in your bike, you might want to shorten the interval.

• Like 1

I used to change every other ride when I was using cheap oil. And that was enough time to turn it black. Now that I use a better more expensive oil, I'll go 5 hours in between changes. The oil isn't black but is darker than fresh oil. I probably wouldn't stretch past 7-8 hours either, like the previous poster said.  

I used to change every other ride when I was using cheap oil. And that was enough time to turn it black. Now that I use a better more expensive oil, I'll go 5 hours in between changes. The oil isn't black but is darker than fresh oil. I probably wouldn't stretch past 7-8 hours either, like the previous poster said.

I went riding from 9Am to 7pm I didn't really think about the oil I was having to much fun