In my other thread, I'm describing my pig dies on me.

Today I swapped the ignition coil, and still it looks the same. Haven't driven yet though.

I did measure the voltage output coming from the stator. When cold and idle it produced some 90volts. When revving it up a bit, the voltage went down...

Also, when the engine ran longer, it seemed to go down as well.

Is this normal, or did my 7months old stator die on me?

Today I swapped the ignition coil, and still it looks the same. Haven't driven yet though.

I did measure the voltage output coming from the stator. When cold and idle it produced some 90volts. When revving it up a bit, the voltage went down...

This is an XR600R, or a XR650R?

what voltage are you getting after the regulator? it should be around 14.5 volts at around 4-5000 rpm.

measure teh resistance in the coils too, you should get between 0.1 and 1 Ohm at around room temperature. 

It looks healthy to me... the reading might go down due to the waveform changing shape with revs .. depends if your voltmeter is measuring the peaks correctly.

The decrease of voltage over time when idle as well? It has dropped from 130v to 60v after some 10-15 minutes.

When idle, it seems to miss some beats also

Edited by okay73

The decrease of voltage over time when idle as well? It has dropped from 130v to 60v after some 10-15 minutes.

When idle, it seems to miss some beats also

If in doubt replace the stator..

Roger Roger, but i dont feel like replacing the stator twice a year. Not the work but the costs are making me hesitant. .

I know on my XL6 you should get 50VAC or more on the Black/Red lead coming from the stator while kicking the engine over.  The Black/Red wire on mine is what supplies voltage to the CDI.  With out a wiring diagram of your bike I don't know if it is the same color coding.  Last week I had to send mine back to Ricky Stator to have it repaired after ~18 months.  The charging and lighting circuit was fine.  However, the ignition circuit's resistance fell to 47 ohms and was only getting about 10VAC while kicking.

ME