Sign in to follow this  

Honda Crf 125f vs. Kawasaki KLX 110L

Trying to decide for my son.  Will be his first clutch bike.... Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Give us some more info. How old your is your son, his height, weight, experience etc. I think a big factor in this is the weight of the bike. A Klx110l weighs 165 pounds wet. A CRF125F come in at 195 pounds wet according to the Honda website, which is quite alot more since he is young.

Edited by THE.YZ.RIDER

He's 9 years old has been riding for 2 1/2 years has good technique and considering only been on clutch 4 times makes it through pretty rocky trails standing up and utilizing clutch he's pretty good. He is however 4 ft 5 inches tall and can only get one foot down leaning bike. He has to get to 1st before he stops in order to move again. I agree weight is a factor but Honda comes with front discuss break whereas kawasaki is drum on both. Still up in air. What do you think?

P's I'm thinking the Honda may last longer

I had a Crf100, which is similar to the crf125 a little taller and it is a 5 speed. Both of the brakes on it were drums. I didn't have a problem with it, but hydraulic is definitely better. It isn't as necessary on a little bike though. The Honda seat height is about two-three inches taller than the kawi, if he can handle the extra weight and height the CRF would be a better option in my opinion. He is growing so even if he was leaning it over to put a foot on the ground at first, it wouldn't be long until he would have both feet flat on the ground. RIDE ON!!!!!!