Sign in to follow this  

FMF pipe for my bike

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408483426.583708.jpg

Hey guys, have some questions for you. Have any of you bought the pipe above for your drz400? Was there a noticeable power difference? Was the mounting difficult? How loud is it? I know FMF is a great brand, but is this pipe good quality? Would really appreciate some answers, thank you guys and have a great evening!

Thats not for a DRZ, too small.

That's weird, i typed in my year and bike I have and it said all the results were for my bike.

That's weird, i typed in my year and bike I have and it said all the results were for my bike.

never seen or heard of that before, but if you want to stick with FMF, I am rocking the full FMF Titanium 4 System and love it.( I believe you can get it from the TT Store bit dont hold me to it.

Did some further research and it seems it's made for 2 strokes. Wow I feel dumb haha. But since I'm here, anybody ever try a DG pipe?

What model drz do you have.?....may sure you order the correct one to suit your bike, there are variations in the mid pipe mount...

Depending on how loud you want to go would determine which FMF to run with,,,,Common fitments are Powercore 4 or or Q4....the PC4 is louder , more free flowing and a little better performance than Q4...you also need to match the mufflers with the powerbomb head pipe or an E headpipe for better performance...

I don't know how the Titanium fits up...Didn't even know there was an option for this pipe with DRZ400.

Most open pipes will provide better performance than the stock system...Never heard much about DG for DRZ...

MRD is a good performance option. the std mrd (Pro Comp) is a great all rounder...http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html

FMF Racing PowerBomb Header - Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Natural

FMF Racing PowerCore 4 Spark Arrestor Slip-On Stainless Steel Natural

FMF Racing Q4 Spark Arrestor Slip-On - Stainless Midpipe Aluminum

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1

What model drz do you have.?....may sure you order the correct one to suit your bike, there are variations in the mid pipe mount...

Depending on how loud you want to go would determine which FMF to run with,,,,Common fitments are Powercore 4 or or Q4....the PC4 is louder , more free flowing and a little better performance than Q4...you also need to match the mufflers with the powerbomb head pipe or an E headpipe for better performance...

I don't know how the Titanium fits up...Didn't even know there was an option for this pipe with DRZ400.

Most open pipes will provide better performance than the stock system...Never heard much about DG for DRZ...

MRD is a good performance option. the std mrd has a great all rounder...http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html

FMF Racing PowerBomb Header - Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Natural

FMF Racing PowerCore 4 Spark Arrestor Slip-On Stainless Steel Natural

FMF Racing Q4 Spark Arrestor Slip-On - Stainless Midpipe Aluminum

2003 drz400 kickstart version. I need to save up some money haha
  • Like 1

Did some further research and it seems it's made for 2 strokes. Wow I feel dumb haha. But since I'm here, anybody ever try a DG pipe?

Never tried the DG but I might buy some for my other bikes.  But I do have a FMF Power Bomb & Power Core-4 on my '02' DRZ and love it !   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I've got the full fmf exhaust on my DRZ with the powerbomb header and it's loud. It's comfortable of I have head phones or ear plugs in but almost too loud if I don't.

To each his own, however if you do any kind of illegal riding (trespassing comes to mind) it isn't the best idea when trying to be stealthy lol.

• Like 2

I'm a total "newb" but It seems that a full system requires a Jet Kit as well.  I took the advice of many posts on here and got the JD Jetting kit with the Extended Fuel Screw.  $99 delivered.

Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe that the performance gains of a slip on are only marginal.  A full system is better.

Don't forget the 3x3 Mod, while you're at it.

I have a full FMF Factory 4.1.  It's LOUD!!  I freeway commute on mine.  I got ear plugs to take out the high pitched wind whistle in my helmet.  I can still hear the "thump" of the pipe, loud and clear.

• Like 2

Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe that the performance gains of a slip on are only marginal.  A full system is better.

Unless you have a 3 mm larger diameter head pipe , yes the slip on benefits are very minimal

• Like 1