Sign in to follow this  

No 5th gear

Hey guys I have a 01 400ex and I recently striped the whole thing and put all new seals in and just went over it all and wen I got it all back together I took it for a little test drive and it wouldn't go into 5th gear it would just act like it hit neutral... But if you would rev it real heigh it would pop into 5th and so I didn't have time to take it apart and look into it so I just left it but my little brothers have been driving it a lot and now it won't go into 5th at all... I was just wondering if anybody has ever had the same problem and what causes it? Any help would be great guys :) thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thumper Talk

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a 01 400ex and I recently striped the whole thing and put all new seals in and just went over it all and wen I got it all back together I took it for a little test drive and it wouldn't go into 5th gear it would just act like it hit neutral... But if you would rev it real heigh it would pop into 5th and so I didn't have time to take it apart and look into it so I just left it but my little brothers have been driving it a lot and now it won't go into 5th at all... I was just wondering if anybody has ever had the same problem and what causes it? Any help would be great guys :) thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thumper Talk

Shift drum maligned? 

• Like 1