Sign in to follow this  

California Oregon to California transfer

I know this subject has been beaten to death but i obviously want to find out as much as i can before i commit. There is a 98 WR400 plated in Oregon and i want to bring it down to California and plate here. Called DMV and they said it should be fine if it can pass smog but on there website it says motorcycle transfers are except from that. I know the 8th digit of the VIN # is "W" if that helps. if its plated there it shold be fine here right? I Live in Nor Cal.

Sooo ive found out im all good to bring it in to california except for the fact there's no odometer or odometer reading on the title and DMV says thats a problem. It seems like an easy enough fix. Insight anybody?

Sooo ive found out im all good to bring it in to california except for the fact there's no odometer or odometer reading on the title and DMV says thats a problem. It seems like an easy enough fix. Insight anybody?

Ask Jeff.

i too am in need of info on this. found a good deal on an xr650 from out of state. 

Once you add $4 per gallon to retrieve the thing...  plus the CA DMV drama... very few out of state deals end up being deals.

Unless you know exactly where he lives and where the bike is the gas cost is irrelevant. It could be within walking distance. Just saying.