Sign in to follow this  

1995 dr125se?... Please Help

hi all, I'm the proud owner of a 1995 dr125se. I picked the bike up super clean with 2500mi. on it and have since put about 1000 more on it. I really love the bike for cruising around but my area is pretty mountainous and this thing struggles in any headwind or hill climbing. I want to add power to pull hills and avoid impatient drivers riding the rear. I have been reading posts about the power mods such as engine swaps, big bore, and rejetting etc... I would greatly appreciate it if some of you forum vets could school me on some simple questions like: what slip on exhaust will fit. there's a lot of slip on for drz125 and dr200 but none for the lowly dr125se? shouldn't a dr200se slip on fit as the bikes are nearly identical? Please dr guru's of thumpertalk help me to make educated decisions before buying a $200 exhaust that won't fit.

Thanks in advance :ride:

well... I lost patience and purchased the dg o-series slip on for the 96-09 dr200. Hopefully it'll work and I can update everyone on a new pipe that fits (fingers crossed). I feel like a lot of people have questions about these bikes and very few have any answers.