Sign in to follow this  

Humidity protection for the pig

I heard all kind of protective measures:

1) WD-40

2) ACF50

3) Pig-spit

I personally used today WD-40 for plastics, engine, exhaust. Tried not to spay on bearings and other sensitive parts like brakes. 

What do you guys use and do you cover the whole bike or only metallic parts?

Any help is appreciated, Louisiana is very humid place and I need to protect the pig. 

Just go with the WD. Buy it in the gallon can and use it in a spritzerr bottle or a refillable spray bottle that uses air pressure. HF sells the refillable bottles for $10-$15.

If you wanted to pour the whole gallon into a garden sprayer, that would work too, but it would be like trying to paint a house by dropping paint with a whirlybird; messy.

I've been using WD to keep the chain clean and rust-free for a few years now. Everything else I tried caused the chain to gunk-up, even the expensive stuff that's advetised not to. I try to catch the gallon WD on sale and buy a couple, they last me a very long time.

Edited by Onederer
  • Like 1

Just go with the WD. Buy it in the gallon can and use it in a spritzerr bottle or a refillable spray bottle that uses air pressure. HF sells the refillable bottles for $10-$15.

If you wanted to pour the whole gallon into a garden sprayer, that would work too, but it would be like trying to paint a house by dropping paint with a whirlybird; messy.

I've been using WD to keep the chain clean and rust-free for a few years now. Everything else I tried caused the chain to gunk-up, even the expensive stuff that's advetised not to. I try to catch the gallon WD on sale and buy a couple, they last me a very long time.

my frined uses WD-40 for his sport bike and he says it is great, but it flings off on high speeds. Any issues there?