Sign in to follow this  

Anybody need a mechanic?

Hey guys. I live in northern new jersey and wonderd if anyone is looking for a full/part time mechanic?

Been working on bikes for 10 years mainly motocross bikes. Can do everything from engine to suspension including revalves.

Willing to relocate too for the right conditions.

Dont know if this is the right forum for this but didnt know which one.

What's a mechanic get paid in your parts?

Actually i dont know, i worked as a refrigeration technician for 2 years, because my father had a business in it. But i just want to do something i love the best way that i can. I also have a diploma in practical engineering.

I just want one chance to prove my skills to somebody, but for the meantime i haven't found anyone that is willing to guve a chance to anyone.

Guess you have to Know "Somebody".

It is the end of the season. No shop is going to hire any mechanics.

I suggest you go visit a few local places to you and speak to the shop manager (not the guy at the front desk but the guy in the shop, working and running it). I started in a NJ shop when I was 16 though all the local shops already knew me well before that because of my ability. If you are good a mechanic as you claim, the local shops should already know you.

In NJ and most places in the East where it snows, nearly all shut down the shop partially come October. Everyone goes part time, the dead wood is culled. Hiring is done in March or April.