Sign in to follow this  

CR #22 To Rep Australia For MXON.

i think thats dumb for him. he needs to be perfect shape for supercross. he must feel like this is his last chance to be at the  nations???

if i were him and looking to my future i would want to be ready for what matters to his sponsors. after seeing paul geoge break his leg with team usa at a team scrimmage. for chad his best bet would be to not go and take a chance at another unfortunate injury. he must have lots of money to blow still, who else will pay the bill?

i think thats dumb for him. he needs to be perfect shape for supercross. he must feel like this is his last chance to be at the  nations???

if i were him and looking to my future i would want to be ready for what matters to his sponsors. after seeing paul geoge break his leg with team usa at a team scrimmage. for chad his best bet would be to not go and take a chance at another unfortunate injury. he must have lots of money to blow still, who else will pay the bill?

I think for the most part doing something like des nations, for anyone at any point in their career is just badass. Even if he does feel like it is "his last chance" to go, so what..go and do your best. Des nations is a huge honor, and I can only imagine it being a hell of an experience. Running around throwing a ball in a hole is worlds apart from moto.. Reed could break his leg anytime he swings it over a bike, although I do see your point to an extent. And dude, its Reed.. money is no issue I'm sure.

• Like 2

Even Reed says he's only got 2 seasons left in him. If it was anyone but Chad Reed I'd say you would see him bow out earlier but the dude is just too hard headed :lol: hope he stays healthy to be able to support his growing family!

They probably need him , he's still decent fast

I don't quite understand why he' struggling so much in the Nationals this year and hinting towards injury (or whatever the issue may be) but is still planning on running the MXDN? Either way, it's Chad Reed and he does whatever he wants and I don't question him lol. The dude is just bada$$ and if he is racing, I'm excited for it.

He's had a back injury I read

I think for the most part doing something like des nations, for anyone at any point in their career is just badass. Even if he does feel like it is "his last chance" to go, so what..go and do your best. Des nations is a huge honor, and I can only imagine it being a hell of an experience. Running around throwing a ball in a hole is worlds apart from moto.. Reed could break his leg anytime he swings it over a bike, although I do see your point to an extent. And dude, its Reed.. money is no issue I'm sure.

he goes every year that he isnt injured. whats so bad ass about going across the pond to race year after year? i watched the nations on many occasions. its like a free for all of bikes from a bunch of different riders from a bunch of different classes and a good opportunity to get injured. i want to see him race here against competition that is as good or better than he. and if he has a bad back right now you think he will be ready? i doubt it. i hurt my back last year racing and couldnt even take the ride home. was a nightmare. for a few months. anyway i am just saying i dont think its good timing on his part to do the race. if he was healthy and had a chance to win i would be all about it. but this isnt his first time it not nostalgic for a hurt rider to compete in that octagon!

If he can compete week in week out at ama he can do mxdn

They probably need him , he's still decent fast

If he is "feeling it," he's extemely fast. Like a woman.....

• Like 1

If he can compete week in week out at ama he can do mxdn

we will see for sure. hope he makes it through with no issue. if his back has issues though you wont see him do very well. any big jumps will rip muscle in you lower back if your not ready. thats what happened to me off a 75foot TT. I landed and felt it tear. this was after i initially injured it and sat out for 3 months to let it heal. i needed to do thearapy for the whole winter last year and i get back spasms a lot more often. im not even going to race this year because of it and might not race next year either because of my business. 

Edited by phantom451
  • Like 1

he goes every year that he isnt injured. whats so bad ass about going across the pond to race year after year? i watched the nations on many occasions. its like a free for all of bikes from a bunch of different riders from a bunch of different classes and a good opportunity to get injured. i want to see him race here against competition that is as good or better than he. and if he has a bad back right now you think he will be ready? i doubt it. i hurt my back last year racing and couldnt even take the ride home. was a nightmare. for a few months. anyway i am just saying i dont think its good timing on his part to do the race. if he was healthy and had a chance to win i would be all about it. but this isnt his first time it not nostalgic for a hurt rider to compete in that octagon!

quite a bit of apples to oranges comparisons goin on. I would think going across the pond to race that race would be cool even if he does do it every year. He obviously didn't have as good of an outdoor season as he would have liked, maybe to him its a refresher. To ride somewhere he doesn't ride often, or has ridden at before, break the monotony, represent his country. ? I dunno, I'd like to see him be 100% for sx, but I think many people try to foresee decisions that he will/should make based of what little information they have, when truth be told none of us know what he does or how bad his back or health is. I'd say hes done pretty well for himself, hes more than proven his decision making ability and if he has decided to race in des nations, one would think that choice is solid. I do agree though, that I wanna see the supercross reed of last year, in 2015.

• Like 1

Anyone catch that crash before the first turn in moto 2? Reedy got a good bashing from a bike coming over the top of him, I'm sure that felt great.