Sign in to follow this  

WHAT IS THE BEST DUAL SPORT BIKE?

I am looking into buying a dual 250cc dual sport bike for legal street riding. I'm 5'8 and i weigh about 160. The 3 bikes that interest me a lot right now are Kawasaki KLX250s - Honda CRF250l or the yamaha wr250r. are these bike good for my weight and height. which one is the best. are there any other bikes that fit my need better. and also price range is $1000-$10000

Suzuki DR650. I really enjoyed mine. Handled great off and on road. I also think they look the best with that big air cooled 650 sitting in the frame.

i looked into the suzuki dr650. i liked it but the only problem is insurance. i also looked into a smaller one, the dr 450 but again the insurance is too high. so i was looking for a 250 or smaller. but thanks for the suggestion 

Of those 3, the wr250r is well ahead of the other 2 in all aspects including price. What kind of riding are you planning on doing? Are you going for new bikes only? If you just want a commuter to save gas and insurance cost, any of the 250s will work fine. Just make sure you sit on and preferably ride any bike you plan on buying before you buy it and try out multiple bikes. My suggestions would be a 90-99 suzuki dr250 or dr350, klx250, or the wr250r

THANK YOU everyone. i thing i will go for the Kawasaki klx 250s only because of the color and because i need those extra couple of thousands for upgrades and gear and other stuff. anyways thank you everyone for the suggestion.

$_20.JPG

"hey guys. What should I get? (lists multiple choices)"

Unanimously suggests the better choice.

Picks the opposite. Every time

• Like 2

I guessing an internet thread with a half dozen anonymous posts is not the sole influence in a buying decision. Not for me. You?

WR and KLX are not opposites.

Mike

I ride 70% street /30% off road to no maintenance road / dual purpose,,,,,I won't have anything smaller than a 600 or 650,,,,,if you are riding a lot of single track trails and very little street, you would want something smaller,,,it is all about compromise from the bike to the tires,,,,to having a good dealer for support

You missed one key point in this one.  Picked it because of the color!  /facepalm

I rode today with a  fellow on a brand new WR250R.  Beautiful bike.  I didn't see it on the street, but a more than capable dirt bike, for sure!