Sign in to follow this  

Need 2007 YZ 250F Stock Valve Stacks for Forks & Shock

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a 2007 YZ 250F and the previous owner had some custom valving done. I need to know the stock valve stacks for this bike.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Dacosta

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a 2007 YZ 250F and the previous owner had some custom valving done. I need to know the stock valve stacks for this bike.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Dacosta

The stock YZ stack in this thread will be really close.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1088252-revalving-a-factory-connection-kyb-sss-revalve/page-2

See also the Valve Stack Index sticky at the top of this forum.

The stock YZ stack in this thread will be really close.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1088252-revalving-a-factory-connection-kyb-sss-revalve/page-2

See also the Valve Stack Index sticky at the top of this forum.

Thanks for the quick reply MidlifeCrisisGuy ... I saw the Valve Stack Index sticky at the top of the forum but it only had YZ 250 2-stroke valve stack information. I didn't see that other thread though, and have now read through there. I'm more concerned about changes the previous owner made to the rebound / mid valve as I have purchased a gold valve kit for the base valve and will be using their custom digital valving search to determine this valve stack. So looking at the mid valve info on this thread there seems to be a moderate consensus that the stock valving is the following, which is what I have on my forks now as well:

20 x .12 (x3)
18 x .12
16 x .12
14 x .12
11 x .30 (x2)
17 x .30 (x2)

However, I'm not really sure about the stack for the rebound... I currently have the following:

20 x .12 (x3)
13 x .12
20 x .12
18 x .12
16 x .12
14 x .12
12 x .12
10 x .26 (x2)

There seems to be some confusion about the 5th shim (20 x .12) ... C-P seemed to have the same shim in that place, but was questioning if it was stock or not? and then kan3 seems to think that this setup had "moved 1 shim around on the rebound". So safe to assume that the stock valve stack would have the 4th and 5th shims reversed? Which would change the stack to the following:
20 x .12 (x4)
13 x .12
18 x .12
16 x .12
14 x .12
12 x .12
10 x .26 (x2)

Thanks in advance,

Jason Dacosta

I can't comment on which way it should be.    I do know that the stacks in those years were all pretty close.  I'd look for a stack list for an 06 and an 08 and see what they have.   Also, ask Race Tech, they might be able to help.

I can't comment on which way it should be.    I do know that the stacks in those years were all pretty close.  I'd look for a stack list for an 06 and an 08 and see what they have.   Also, ask Race Tech, they might be able to help.

Thanks a bunch MidlifeCrisisGuy! I contacted Race Tech and they were awesome about it and emailed me back in minutes with the stock valve stacks for rebound and mid. They are exactly what I already have ... which is a bit unexpected because the peened end of the shaft where the nut goes on is definitely filed down so they could get the nut off ... so they must have changed the valve stack and then changed it back ... or just took it apart for no reason, haha.

• Like 1