my first save

I been having this 04 yz250 since december, but just got it all back together a few weeks ago and only have about 2 hours on it. I should mention its my first dirt bike, I'm kinda regreting not getting a 125 lol.

Well for some reason I decided I should try to pop a wheelie while standing... I was only planing on it coming up a ft... it came up a ft no problem, but I guess I did what you call whiskey throttle lol so it just kept coming up ( I knew to stop twisting) so I just just did get out of it as it got to 12 o clock ( i completely let go of the bar with my right hand), and my feet hit the ground ( I was debating if I should let go) but thought about me face planting because I couldn't run as fast as I was going so some how I took a step or too and tackled the bike lol.... to my suprise I kept it balanced I ended up on my stomach, lol.

After that, I just thought it would be intresting to hear your storys of saving it.

Edited by yz250474
  • Like 2

Yea your right once you check and make sure no one saw it lol

Lol normally, but to me my first save was awesome, I wish someone was there with a camera... I looked like a pro, for a second.

On second thought, a pro wouldn't be 12 o'clockin coming out a turn.

Edited by yz250474

I had a bad scare 7 years ago at a big riding ranch in east Georgia.  Just a warm up loop through the woods, on a trail with quite a few single jumps and table tops, but nothing at all scary.  Or so I thought.  I was back on my battleaxe 94 CR250, after making myself exclusively ride my bought-new 06 CRF450R for a year.  It was my first 4 stroke and I wanted to really get to know it.

So a buddy and I are on this warm up loop, I'm running 3rd or 4th gear, on the gas pretty hard over a really small jump (3, maybe 4 feet tall).  I had hit it plenty of times on the 450, no problem.

I don't know what happened, but when I hit the jump face, the ass end kicked so violently that I went Superman.  Just before the bike and I hit the ground, my left foot found the peg, but my whole body was on the left side of the bike, with my right foot dragging the ground.  So there I was, all on one side of the bike, like the Indians used to use their horses as a shield from gunfire in the old western movies...and a two foot calilper tree coming up fast in my crosshairs. :eek:  I was sure I was dead.  I somehow managed to miss the tree by less than a foot and then swing my right leg back over the bike and regain my normal riding position.

I was so shaken up, I don't think I got out of 2nd gear for the rest of that loop. ?

Lol normally, but to me my first save was awesome, I wish someone was there with a camera... I looked like a pro, for a second.

On second thought, a pro wouldn't be 12 o'clockin coming out a turn.

Every one of my spectacular high speed crashes has gone like that.  Unscathed, and severely pissed that no one even saw it, much less scored a video.

I got turned around and lost (on a freaking dead end trail...don't ask) and separated from the group in the north Georgia mountains and hit a sandy turn that I exited 3rd gear, hard on the throttle.  The ass end swapped hard 4 or 5 times, then the front end folded, sending me wingsuit style over the bars.  I hit and rolled several times and ended up on my feet.  My first thought was damn! No one saw that!

• Like 1

I had a bad scare 7 years ago at a big riding ranch in east Georgia.  Just a warm up loop through the woods, on a trail with quite a few single jumps and table tops, but nothing at all scary.  Or so I thought.  I was back on my battleaxe 94 CR250, after making myself exclusively ride my bought-new 06 CRF450R for a year.  It was my first 4 stroke and I wanted to really get to know it.

So a buddy and I are on this warm up loop, I'm running 3rd or 4th gear, on the gas pretty hard over a really small jump (3, maybe 4 feet tall).  I had hit it plenty of times on the 450, no problem.

I don't know what happened, but when I hit the jump face, the ass end kicked so violently that I went Superman.  Just before the bike and I hit the ground, my left foot found the peg, but my whole body was on the left side of the bike, with my right foot dragging the ground.  So there I was, all on one side of the bike, like the Indians used to use their horses as a shield from gunfire in the old western movies...and a two foot calilper tree coming up fast in my crosshairs. :eek:  I was sure I was dead.  I somehow managed to miss the tree by less than a foot and then swing my right leg back over the bike and regain my normal riding position.

I was so shaken up, I don't think I got out of 2nd gear for the rest of that loop. ?

Did you laugh? lol

I had another fail where we was climbing hills and I wasn't thinking I asked my buddy what gear he was hiting it on he was riding a crf250r and I was riding a ktm250exc well he said second well I wasnt thanking but first gear on that ktm is like second on that Honda well I hit that hill in second it shot me up about 12 feet and my rear end was higher than my front well I just bailed I did a (can can) lol hit the ground hard and rolled I got up look back at my buddy and he was about to fall off of his bike he was laughing so hard then asked if I was alright