Sign in to follow this  

TTR50 Vs king cobra

Me and my brother in law have been going back and forth over which bike would win. Our kids weigh about the same.

My nephew rides the ttr while my son rides the king. we have watched them both multiple times on both bikes (switching back and forth) and still every now and then the ttr will pull ahead until my kid tears into it.

So... which one is technically faster? I mean to me my kid is way faster and makes his cousin eat dust... but my BIL thinks it's only because his son isn't going hammer down..

Isnt the TTR a 50cc 4 stroke and the Cobra a 50cc 2 stroke?  I would be willing to bet the Cobra has twice the power and is lighter to boot.

That's what I'm saying! He is so convinced that since he has more gears he can go faster. I told him maybe if your going straight for miles but on a track that cobra is gonna walk all over him.

this has got to be a joke--right? 

The KC is a race bike.  The TTR is essentially a toy.  If it is even close there has to be something seriously wrong with the KC.

Edited by rpt50

The Cobra will destroy the TTR. The only two things the TTR has going is the fact that it's a Yamaha and that you can shift gears. Doesn't mean it is faster though. If it were that would be what the kids in the 50cc class would be using instead of SX50's and Cobra 50's.

This is his first year riding dirt bikes all together and out of the month watching him I think he has potential to race (my son). We started him on a wildfire 49cc. (Cheap and easy to toy around on) and last week I finally put him back on the cobra, because he ran into our old house last year and didn't want to ride anymore. But now every 5 min he wants to go ride lol. Anyway he was on the cobra for 5 minutes bad nearly picked it up and started going faster and sliding into turns and stuff.

So all of this is new to me. The racing and the testing of bikes and what not. That's why I'm asking. I figured the KC was a lot faster just because every now and then I could hear him go all the way down and he would quickly close the gap on the ttr.

So his son finally rode the cobra again and we have a good 200ft straight stretch behind the house and his son ran iy full thottle (im fine with unless he breaks it) and now my B-I-L thinks jts to fast for my son! I about shit my pants. My son has rode for a good solid month in the past 2 monthes while his brat has had his own DB for over a year now and has only ridden it about 15x's at most for about an hr or 2...

Btw. Does anyone have a cobra repair post? Cant seem to find one