Sign in to follow this  

2009 bottom end rebuild quick questions

First off thanks for your help. I'm in the process of rebuilding the bottom end of my 2009 KX250F. I have two questions

1) The bearing behind the countershaft sprocket was questionable so I replaced it. I neglected to remember the orientation of the bearing. One side of the bearing has a flat surface with numbers and letter printed into it and the other side has recesses around the perimeter (Hard to explain) of the bearing. I believe the side with numbers and letters sits closest to the seal on the outside, but I'm not positive. Can someone confirm?

2) One of the gears on my transmission is pitted. I forget if it's on the input or output shaft but I need to replace the pitted gear. On eBay there is a 2012 transmission and I am thinking I could just swap out the entire transmission (gears, shaft, shift forks) from the 2012 into my 2009. Will this work? Were there any changes that I am overlooking? 

I'm pretty familiar with this bike, however it's my first time rebuilding the engine myself and I may have to come back to you guys for more advice. Thanks again!

Edited by pCp 450

Look up a parts diagram from any kawasaki parts website and that'll show you the layout of the gears and you can check both years and see if the part numbers are the same