Sign in to follow this  

starts great cold but not so great warm

The bike is new to me, I am back on a 2stroke, been a while(about 10years on 4strokes) it will start first kick every time until its warmed up, let it sit a week in the garage, starts first kick. second day in a row at the track fresh out of the truck first kick. take it for a warm up lap, come back tighten a bolt or something, ride it for an hour straight,  it wont start until i give it a crack of throttle. Is this just a 2stroke thing i dont remember? or is there a carb issue(jetting?) i need to deal with? thanks for the help.

Try this. Let your bike sit overnight so it is dead cold. Try to start it without the choke. If it starts you need to go to a smaller pilot jet. 

Try this. Let your bike sit overnight so it is dead cold. Try to start it without the choke. If it starts you need to go to a smaller pilot jet. 

its starts without the choke. i just went out after work, has been sitting since last friday. bike sitting on the stand, i didnt even stand on the bike, standing next to it on the stand, i basically crossed my legs(standing on the kickstarter side kicking with my right leg), no choke, no throttle, gas was even off, just left over in the carb. bike starts first kick.