Sign in to follow this  

Ice tire choices

Hello, this winter I would like to race in the southern Wisconsin ice racing association, and I was wondering what are some tire choices for ice? I would like to get them done professionally. I rode some bikes at Rome pond Wisconsin and someone there said they had someone local do there tires? Does anyone know who that would be? Any response would be greatly appreciated!

I did up a set of ice tires for myself last year. I used cement screws. Drilled from the inside out. They are AMAZING. Cost under $50. I have about 4 hrs ride time on them and they look brand new still. They are still very sharp.

Warning: you will get cut and scratched to sh!t while installing them. Lol. That's my only complaint.

There is a video on youtube on how to do the tires. Much better than spending $800+ on a set of ice tires. A guy I ride with has a set of expensive tires and likes mine better. He is making himself a set for this winter and getting rid of his $800 tires. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408559336.974077.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408559386.227136.jpg

Would they pass inspection for ama?

I'm not sure. You would need to check the rule book for wherever you are going to be racing. I don't race on the ice, so it doesn't matter to me.

John Rosine.  Last year he only made Canadian's, no AMA's.  I can't find his #, but could get it for you.

• Like 1