Sign in to follow this  

DRC edge 2 wiring help

So I ordered an edge kit (not the integrated one the one that uses stock blinkers) and i ran into a problem with wiring it in. On the bike there are 3 connections, orange, blue and white. The tail light has 3 wires after the connections i know how to wire those together with the light and the orange and blue plug. the problem comes with the white plug there is no where to hook it to and im not sure what to do with it. I can post a picture tomorrow if that helps.

Hello Mr.250l. Welcome.

Search for "DRC" in the main 250l forum search window and you'll get quite a few links that discuss installation. You should be able to get your answer there.

but i still dont know what to do with the white connector, that has green(ground i think) and brown going into it, that connects to the license plate light.

I'd say connect everything that the instructions specifiy to, then test it. Willing to bet it'll work.

You have to remember that these kits start out as universal for many bikes, so odds are if it's not on the CRF250L instructions, then you don't need it.

I think the white wire is for the license plate light

just cap it off with heat shrink tube

I have the same unit and if I recall that was it

I agree. If I remember right, that's what it was.

I think the white wire is for the license plate light

just cap it off with heat shrink tube

I have the same unit and if I recall that was it

I did that and it works perfect now. Thanks for the help everybody

Now according to the TT bylaws you have to stick around and help someone else OK??? :p :p :lol::p

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 2

Now according to the TT bylaws you have to stick around and help someone else OK??? :p :p :lol::p

I don't know too much but I'll try.
  • Like 1