Sign in to follow this  

shattered engine cases

Shattered L/H engine case on my 2005 YZ 250t, not repairable. Anyone got a line on a set of used cases? Can a single case be purchased new..?

Used cases are usually difficult to find, but you can purchase single cases from Yamaha. A lot of people will telly you that you need a matched set, but you dont. If that was the case you would only be able to buy new cases in matched pairs from the dealer.

L/H case new is about $385

How did you shatter your case?

Check 2 places.  Partzilla will be the lowest price for a new case and make it a daily practice of checking ebay.  I've seen them on there in the past.

Check 2 places. Partzilla will be the lowest price for a new case and make it a daily practice of checking ebay. I've seen them on there in the past.

^^^ this. I found my replacement 1997 r/h case on eBay for $100. Yes, it's an older bike, but you have a much more broad range of years that'll work with your bike (only 96-98 will work with mine). I'm pretty sure that 2001 and up are the same engines.

You can save searches on ebay and if something comes up that fits your search ebay lets you know.  Don't know how quick your trying to get it though.

01 02 are a different bottom end kit than 03 and newer so you may want to look up the fische and compare part numbers before just assuming 99 to 14 will work.

• Like 1