Sign in to follow this  

KX450F Nightmare!

alright, any info here helps!!. Got a 06 kx 450f. smoked a little white smoke. took it down, put in new piston, rings, gaskets and had head re-worked. cams shimed to perfect spec. Will jump start and run but leaking oil from valve cover pretty seriously. Also am now getting water in my oil????? Any takes on this??

Take off the valve cover and try putting it on again.  Make sure you aren't over tightening it.  A 1/4" - inch/lb torque wrench at Harbor Freight is only $20 and seems to do a decent job when compared to my better torque wrenches.

Water in the oil, could be head gasket or water pump.  I'm not familiar with the specifics of that model, but are there any weep holes to check?  On my WR, the water pump seal was leaking, but there was a little weep hole that started leaking, showing me there was a problem. 

Head gasket is new. And valve cover is tight from what I see. Could anything else be causing this excessive oil spew?

Did you use oem gaskets? Maybe the water pump seal. Who did the head? Did they surface it? The valve cover doesn't take more than 10-12 ft. lbs.. Is it over tightened? Did you use a new valve cover gasket? I would rather go loose and snug it up a little if it shows any oil.

• Like 1

Yes they surfaced it. I used the gaskets that weiseco supplied. How many oil changes to get existing water out of oil,

You guys think a bad water pump seal? I didn't visibly see a crack anywhere.

I don't think it's your water pump seal because it's a double seal, one for oil and one for the water, and it would be leaking out the Weep hole on the water pump if one of those were bad...

Hope this helps

Ernie

Edited by gonzokx

Any other clues what is may be. Oil has only been changed twice since rebuild.... Will it take a few more?